IoT (Embedded) Software Developer
Kisi is a security platform with offices in Brooklyn and Stockholm and a global remote team spanning from America, Europe, Africa and Asia. We create hardware and software that helps businesses connect and control their spaces through the cloud.
About the role:
Join us as an IoT software developer to build the next generation of Kisi's IoT security IoT software and hardware controlling access for hundreds of thousands of users around the world. You will be part of the creation of Kisi’s IoT software and hardware portfolio, from readers to panels and other sensors as part of a team with great experience in the matter.
- Write and maintain robust firmware that runs on current and future Kisi products on an industrial strength embedded platform with baked-in support for secure boot and OTA
- Ensure rigid acceptance tests and supervise the rollout of new products and features to our remotely managed worldwide fleet of hardware devices together with our QA engineers
- Improve efficiency of factory processes by automating its various flows such as quality assurance, registration and labelling to ensure devices are delivered on quality
- Participate in the selection process for our next generation IoT platform provider with strict security and business continuity requirements
- You don’t need to be an electrical engineer! A software development background with interest in working with hardware is fine, too – you’ll learn a lot on the job.
- 3+ years of experience in software development and some experience on embedded platforms (e.g. Arduino)
- Interest in building embedded solutions with a high emphasis on reliability
- Some understanding of communication technology (Bluetooth, NFC, Wi-Fi, HTTP, SSL)
- High proficiency in lower and higher level programming languages and object-oriented patterns
- Experience working with version control (Git), CI/CD and product development methodologies
Real impact: your contributions matter, and your code will reach customers within a few weeks of onboarding. We have quick turnaround times and enjoy working under reasonable pressure.
- You’re in for the full picture, from understanding and enhancing product requirements to building and verifying the hardware and software product that corresponds to them.
Work hard, play hard. Competitive salary, wellness program, insurances, yearly company bootcamps, but also a lot of heavy lifting and crunching. We want to go above and beyond.
Anything but ordinary. We’re a fun and international crew with offices in Brooklyn and Södermalm, and an office atmosphere that’s often described as “too much”.